Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently purchased Microsoft Office Professional 2010 and cannot install it. I receive an error message: "Error 1935, an error occurred during the installation of assembly component {3FA0107E-227C37C7BAC0-64691A992C81}. HRESULT: 0x80070002." An internet search identified the problem as having occurred for the Beta release earlier. However, corrective solutions listed have not solved my problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Furuta View Post
    I recently purchased Microsoft Office Professional 2010 and cannot install it.
    I didn't think Office 2010 "final" was out yet. Maybe you got a beta or release candidate version??

Thanks
    The Microsoft Office site still lists Office 2010 in the pre-release ordering phase. I suspect Gary got a beta or perhaps something else (pirated) and may have been taken. He should go back to where it was purchased (if possible) and discuss this with them.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried disabling your A/V during installation?

If you are running Vista or Win7, have you tried executing the installer with "run as Administrator"?

Have you uninstalled your prior version of Office first?

Joe

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have contacted the vendor but they do not have a solution and have offered me credit toward additional products on their site. I have sent a response asking if the software I received is a Beta version and am awaiting an answer. I am also requesting a refund in lieu of credit. I am the Administrator on my computer. I tried loading the program with and without Office Professional 2003 installed and received the same error message. I have now reloaded the 2003 version.

Thanks
    I have contacted the vendor but they do not have a solution and have offered me credit toward additional products on their site. I have sent a response asking if the software I received is a Beta version and am awaiting an answer. I am also requesting a refund in lieu of credit. I am the Administrator on my computer. I tried loading the program with and without Office Professional 2003 installed and received the same error message. I have now reloaded the 2003 version.
    Gary, Who is the vendor? They seem not to be very forthcoming with info or refunds. It appears today that there is a change on the MS Office site that states you can now download to try or purchase and download Office 2010. This seems to be a change from yesterday's Office site. Perhaps 2010 has been released, but I would still be suspect of the vendor who sold you a copy previously.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Today is the official release of Office 2010 at retail.

MSDN subscribers, Technet subscribers, and volume license organizations have had access to Office 2010 for over a month.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been offered a full refund or credit of $140.00. The site I purchased from is: http:// www.squishydragon.com/

Thanks
    The site I purchased from is: http:// www.squishydragon.com/
    Hmmm... one blogger reports:

Many recent OEM emails that I received are claiming to be a company located at 1100 South State Rd 7, Suite 501 in Margate, FL 33068. Their website is registered to a Russian domain. Thanks to Twitter folks @ChrisMuncy, @dckovar and @Lisa827 for advice on contacting the tax office in order to find out about the building that the business is located in. In this particular case, the City of Margate, Florida was unable to find any records for a business registered at Suite 501 at the above address. They will be sending out a code officer today to inspect the location since they only have four active businesses registered at this building.
    See Tekblog Spam Spam (What It Do).

Whois information for the squishydragon.com domain:

Domain Service Provided By: i7.RU Ltd
    Domain Name: squishydragon.com

Registration Date: 2010-06-08
    Expiration Date: 2011-06-08
    Domain last updated on: 2010-06-15

Registrant Contact:
    Name: Nina Kireeva
    Street 1: ul.Dubninskaya d.26-5 kv.115
    City: Moscow
    Postal Code: 127474
    Email Address: ph@qx8.ru
    Tel 1: 7.4959950129

Web site host network (IP address 147.96.81.136):

inetnum: 147.96.0.0 - 147.96.255.255
    netname: UCMNET
    descr: Universidad Complutense de Madrid
    descr: Madrid

That is all pretty odd for a Florida company...

Thanks
    I have been offered a full refund or credit of $140.00. The site I purchased from is: http:// www.squishydragon.com/
    Take the refund! Did they answer the question about whether this is a retail version or what is it? I would still be interested to know this. This site has a poor rating with WOT.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It is a released version.

I just used NeoTrace Pro to trace the location of www.squishydragon.com and it shows an IP Address of 160.75.32.179 in Istanbul. The support address (http://www.isomembers.com/support.php) showed an IP Address of 94.76.229.221 in Slough England!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you can get it, take the money and run.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I ran into this exact problem the other night on a friends computer with a copy of Office 2010 that they bought the day it came out. They were installing it on Win 7 Home Premium x64. This machine had Free AVG 9.0 and the 60-Day Trial of Office 2007. We tried several times to get the 32-bit edition of Office installed but it always failed 3/4 of the way through with the same error that the original poster had mentioned.

After researching the problem on the Internet for a bit and a bit of brainstorming we uninstalled AVG and removed all the parts of Office 2007 that we could find on the machine. We did this because the people that had this problem mentioned occasionally they were running AVG and had some form of Office 2007 installed. After removing both of those applications we installed the X64 version of Office 2010 because I figured it would easier to run it native than to try an install the 32-bit edition.

Once the X64 edition install started it ran all the way through and worked at which point we reinstalled AVG and everything works. Maybe this will be helpful in getting your problem solved.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gary. I don't have AVG but I did remove Office 2003 and all programs related to it before trying to install Office 2010 x64. Same results! I then tried installing Office 2010 x32 with the same results. I am giving up (for now). Four days is enough hacking time for me. I do hate it when I can't solve a problem though. Very frustrating.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gary. I don't have AVG but I did remove Office 2003 and all programs related to it before trying to install Office 2010 x64. Same results! I then tried installing Office 2010 x32 with the same results. I am giving up (for now). Four days is enough hacking time for me. I do hate it when I can't solve a problem though. Very frustrating.

Thanks to everyone for their input.
    Based on the date of your first post and subsequent questionable IP locations I'd go for the refund. If you used a credit card, don't wait, call the CC company to cancel the purchase. Then go out and buy a copy from a reputable source. It may cost a few dollars more, but what is 4 days of wasted time worth to you? While it is possible that the copy you got was (semi) legit because it was available to a couple of special distribution channels such as OEM's and via Technet (as noted in another post), but general availability to the public was June 15th so any copy your purchased 10 days before that probably was not intended for resale to the general public.

It is possible to successfully install and run multiple versions of office on the same machine. I have been running legal copies of Office 2003 / 2007 for a couple of years on Vista 32 bit. I added the 2010 beta to the mix last October.

Here is a link that describes how to install multiple versions of Office: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=762
    Basically, install in oldest to newest order. I like to make sure that I customize the installation to point to version specific folders to avoid overwriting common tools. A key usability point in this article is the section "Fixing the multiple office Lag". As well, I like to put all of the Start Menu shortcuts in the same folder, tweaking the shortcut names, who needs to see "Microsoft Office Word 2003" yada yada yada ie

Excel 2003
    Excel 2007
    Excel 2010 B
    Word 2003
    Word 2007
    Word 2010 B

If you install the "extra" office tools pay special attention the the names in the Start menu. I've noticed some versions use exactly the same name so you could "lose" some of the apps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091 - Info About Using 2007 Office Suite on a computer that is running another version of Office. This is an "Official" MS take on the question, it basically says the same thing. A key point raised in this article is that you can only install only a single version of Outlook.

One more point that you might be stumbling on is trying to mix 32 and 64 bit versions of Office on the same machine. 32 bit COM addins won't work in 64 bit office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast