2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acrobat and Publisher (2000 SP1a)

Has anyone had any experience converting Publisher files to PDF using Acrobat (or any thing else for that matter)?

If you have are there any problems with the process I should know about before forking out to purchase Acrobat?

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acrobat and Publisher (2000 SP1a)

I have used the Adobe Website to convert a 5,500kb Publisher 2000 file (one side of A4 with four photos, one table and a fairly heavt text density) into a pdf which it did perfectly and the resultant pdf is only 125kb! I would suggest you try out the online conversion of one of your files to check the results but in principle I foresee no problems.

Regards

alterego

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by Andrew Cronnolly on 02-Oct-01 16:02.</P>Try using Fineprint's pdf Factory software. You can download a 1Mb trial version from their site (<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.fineprint.com>www.fineprint.com</A>) and I've had no trouble with it. It's a lot faster and easier to drive than Acrobat, which I also use. Acrobat is more configurable, but falls over more often.

HTH, James

Edit : Hyperlink added - Andrew Cronnolly

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've used Acrobat and Publisher many times and it works superbly. Acrobat creates a print driver and instead of printing to your printer you print to a PDF.
    Simple and effective. I can recommend it.
    Peter Herworth

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your replies so far. I searched Woody's Lounge for anything regarding PDF and found this post Make your own PDFs. Brian recommends Free PDF here, and I have since successfully downloaded, installed and used it. As I do not often need to convert to PDF, I have been loking for a cheaper solution than Distiller and I think this is quite a good solution.