Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    In my signature do I have the acronym parameters incorrectly set around the flags, or is the Board not supporting acronyms on images, or...?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    In my signature do I have the acronym parameters incorrectly set around the flags, or is the Board not supporting acronyms on images, or...?

Hi John,

What behavior are you expecting with that tag? I've never heard of acronyms on images before.

Thanks,
    Tony

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm expecting that when you place the cursor on the Country flags in my sig, the corresponding text appears as a pop-up flag (not sure of the technical HTML term). This was working a few months ago, I didn't notice the change as my Lounge presence has been interfered with by paid work.

Edit: I'm looking for the same flag behavior as when Loungers hover their cursor on a userpic and "Click for profile" appears.
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm expecting that when you place the cursor on the Country flags in my sig, the corresponding text appears as a pop-up flag (not sure of the technical HTML term). This was working a few months ago, I didn't notice the change as my Lounge presence has been interfered with by paid work.

Edit: I'm looking for the same flag behavior as when Loungers hover their cursor on a userpic and "Click for profile" appears.
    [acronym='testing the tag'] [/acronym]

Ok, so I think it still works, but your sig looks like it contains a couple of problems with your usage of the tag. The first problem is that the apostrophe in G'day is seen as a closing quote so it breaks the tag. The second problem is that your second acronym tag doesn't use an opening quote right after the equals sign.

Try it again and let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks,
    Tony

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Tony. Those were necessary corrections, but it turns out I also had to remove the commas and explanation marks to get the acronym display correct. Can I ask you to see if either a comma or an exclamation mark messes up your test?
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Tony. Those were necessary corrections, but it turns out I also had to remove the commas and explanation marks to get the acronym display correct. Can I ask you to see if either a comma or an exclamation mark messes up your test?
    [acronym='this is a test!'] [/acronym]

It does mess with it. Let me look into it and see if either 1) there's a better bbcode tag for tool-tips or 2) I can tweak the behavior of the acronym tag.