2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm running Word 2007 under Win7 64, logged in as Administrator.

About once in five times, when I click to open a document I get the message "Word Has Encountered a Problem." The explanation says:

>There is a problem saving the file.
    >Usually this is because the disk or floppy disk is too small for the file or is full, RAM memory is low, or there is a permission problem with the drive the file is being saved to.
    >If the amount of disk space for a paging file is low, save the file to another drive. If the RAM memory is low, increase available RAM. If permissions to the drive do not allow you to save to that drive, save the file to another drive or request permissions >from the administrator to save files to the drive.
    >Note: This error can also occur if the computer is running a version of antivirus software that is not compatible with the Microsoft Office system or needs to be updated.

If I click OK, the document opens.

I have half a terabyte of free disk space. I'm running the latest version of Norton Internet Security 2010, but I had the same problem with the Zone Alarm package.

I also get the message about once every five times I attach a Word document to an email, even when Word is not running.

Ideas??

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If this is happening when Word isn't even open, it suggests the AntiVirus may be the culprit.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It may, but remember that the email program has to open Word in the background to use its Load menu to grab the document to attach it to the email. When I open Task Manager after attaching a Word document to an email, it shows that WINWORD.EXE *32 is running even if I've never opened Word after turning the computer on.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've sent a query to Norton Help and will update this when I get a reply.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Could well be your AV. I wouldn't touch anything with "Norton" written on it with a bargepole.(Unless, of course, it's a motorcycle!)
    It's good to be . . . . . . . . . . . Me!