Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Poole, UK
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Copied some code from a very reputable and reliable Outlook website recently to add some useful functionality - a warning message if the Subject field has been left blank. Worked well after I installed it.

    However, I now find that nothing happens when I try to access macros and the visual basic editor (by menu or Alt + F11), and the above code no longer works (perhaps all VB code is frozen?). Have tried Googling for a solution but no success so far. Does anyone know how to get round this please?

    Many thanks,

    V

  2. #2
    Uranium Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    9,508
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Though there could be another cause, this is the typical symptom of a corrupted vbaproject.otm file, where outlook keeps all code. If so, it's not usually recoverable: http://www.outlookcode.com/threads.a...essageid=27814
    Find your vbaproject.otm file, make a backup and then delete the existing one. Then see if Outlook will open with no macros in the VBE. Make .bas or .txt backups of your .otm file content in the future (I do).

    Post back if this does or does not help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

  3. #3
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Poole, UK
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Many thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try (although won't be able to access the pc in question for a few days).

  4. #4
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Poole, UK
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    JohnBF

    Tried your advice but sadly it didn't fix the problem, so i left things while we went on holiday!

    On return, after a bit more Googling etc, eventually, thanks to another of Sue Mosher's pages, I found the simple solution. Outlook has a box on it's Help, About, screen labelled Disabled Items (which, I must confess, I hadn't registered before). On clicking this, I discovered that the outlvba.dll file was disabled. I enabled it and I'm pleased to say that since then all has been well. Problem solved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •