Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an Acer Aspire 6930 laptop running Windows 7 and two desktops running Windows XP. The two XP machines can see each other in "My Network Places" and can pass files on shared folders. Both XP machines can see the laptop but get a "\\Aspire6930g not accessible........" error.

On the laptop I can see both XP desktops in "Network Map" but I cannot access either PC.

Before a recent Windows update I could see and write to shared folders in "C:\Users\Public" on the laptop from either XP laptop. Now nothing.

I have gone through the various steps in creating Homegroup with no success. I have done these steps with the firewalls disabled (shutdown) as this was the only way I could get it to work in the past. Then I enabled the firewalls with the connection open and the firewalls remembered.

I would like simple straight forward instructions on getting my laptop (Windows 7) connected to my desktop (Windows XP). I do not want any fancy features. I just want to pass files back and forth. Using a sneaker net with USB sticks is getting old.

Help please,

Tom

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Joe