New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Office 2007 with a Windows 7 Operating System. When I open/create/modify Excel files in the xls format, they always show in the Recent Files Jump List on the Taskbar (Right Click the Excel Icon). However, when I do the same with xlsx or xlsm files, it is hit or miss, usually miss. . The files do show up however as Recent Documents when I open Excel and click on the Office 7 logo at the top left. I have tried clearing the Jump List, resetting the number of files to 0, then raising it back to 10, turning off the Recent Files feature under "Properties" on the Taskbar, then turning it back on, and anything else I could think of. This issue does not occur with Word docx files which always appear on the Word Jump List.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Howard.

I had the same problem with Office 2007. Excel binary files (xlsb) wouldn't appear in the jump list, however, I recently bought Office 2010 and all now seems to be OK. So perhaps it's a bug in Office 2007?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Howard,
    I had a similar problem with PowerPoint files. I did everything you tried to fix the problem with similar results. Then several weeks ago an Office update notice appeared. After installing all the updates PowerPoint files started appearing in the Jump List.