New Lounger
    Gilbert AZ USA
    After downloading Foxit I checked to see about putting Adobe Reader into recycle bin. Desktop shortcut went OK, but when I clicked on Adobe Reader 9 in START/All Programs, it came up with "Please wait while configure Adobe Reader 9.3.2MUI" then it came up with the message:

Error 1402 Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Repair\Acrobat Reader\9.0\IOD
    Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

When I then went to Control Panel to simply delete this problem installation I received the SAME error message! I then tried Revo with the same result. I really would like to get rid of this error-- either by uninstalling the 653Mb file that shows in the control panel and/or replacing it by a good installation. Help, please!

Salem, Welcome to the Lounge.

I would try a couple things. First try to uninstall Adobe Reader while in safe mode. Sometimes misbehaving apps or drivers are not loaded in safe mode and things seem to work better.

Second I would try to Take Ownership of the Adobe executable then try the uninstall.

You might have to attempt a complete reinstall of Adobe Reader to correct errors before attempting the uninstall.

Perhaps someone else would have some other ideas. I have also switched to Fox It Reader because of security issues with Adobe Reader.

I did find a tutorial for this error code which may help. It is kind of generic, but may lend some assistance.
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

WS Lounge VIP
    You could try re-installing then un-installing it.

cheers, Paul