2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For some years I have pecked away typing Arabic (and Greek etc) by using Word's Insert/Symbol. But in the last few days (weeks?) the Arabic (and Greek and Hebrew) have disappeared as symbols. The drop down list no longer includes them and if I scroll down the symbols available (I'm in Arial same as always - same occurs on Word 2002, 2003 and 2007) I can no longer see the symbols.

It does show me the last 10 or so I have inserted and so if the words use only those letters I can still insert them. I can also copy and paste and it does all the character shape transformations - but I cannot actually insert them as symbols.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JudithKiwi View Post
    But in the last few days (weeks?) the Arabic (and Greek and Hebrew) have disappeared as symbols. The drop down list no longer includes them and if I scroll down the symbols available (I'm in Arial same as always - same occurs on Word 2002, 2003 and 2007) I can no longer see the symbols.
    That happened to me at some point, and I discovered that the drop-down in the lower right corner of the dialog had changed from Unicode to ASCII, which is a much smaller character set. Does that explain it in your case as well?

[attachment=89040:WD03-InsertSymbol-FromDropDown.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you - brilliant.