5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Last summer, I started a thread at http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...1&#entry779328) about my wireless keyboard that does not work. These are the keyboard specs:

Dell by Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard
    P/N 867196-0403

I was finally able to fix it the problem by pressing reset on the wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, and receiver all at once for 10 seconds.

The computer has been out of use for about a year and I recently started it up. Once again, the keyboard is not properly connecting to the computer. I tried putting in fresh brand new batteries and depressing the reset button for 10 seconds, pressing reset on the receiver, and also pressing reset on the keyboard, receiver, and wireless mouse all at once for 10 seconds. Nothing seems to get the keyboard to become responsive.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

These wireless devices are so annoying and I will never waste my time and money on them again. Plugging in a cord is so much easier.

JMT

Thanks
    Just like any hardware, these items can fail. If you have already tried new batteries and tried to reconnect by using Reset, it may be time for new Keyboard/Mouse units.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I realize now what the problem is: the adaptor that transforms my keyboard's USB into an adaptor that plugs into the keyboard plug. When I remove this adaptor and plug the USB directly into the tower, it works fine.

JMT