Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I have some links in the footer of a PDF -- one to a bookmark within the Word file and two to external web sites -- yet when converted to PDF the links are not clickable. "Convert links to PDF" is of course selected. Is it a known issue that links in footers do not transfer to PDF?

Thanks,

David

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    How are you converting the document to PDF? Are you using Acrobat, the Export to PDF added in SP2 of Office 2007, or printing the document using on of the utilities like PDF995?
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for asking. Having experimented a bit more here's the scoop.

Word 2007/Acrobat 9: no problem.

Word 2007/Acrobat 8 this is what happens:

If the link is of the type www.example.com then it is converted correctly from the footer. However, if the link is as follows: text with a link created using the Insert Hyperlink dialog, then the link doesn't work when converted with Acrobat 8.

Seeing as though I have relatively easy access to Acrobat 9 I have a workaround, but it would be intersting to know if it's an Acrobat 8 bug or if there is a workaround.

Best, David

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Seems to me it must be a bug in 8 if 9 does it correctly. I wouldn't think the Acrobat folks would claim that is a new feature in 9????
    Wendell