2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I've spent weeks searching online and at stores with no success. Is there such a device or am I wishing for something that doesn't exist?

I listen to lots of voice podcasts on my iPod Touch 3g. I have the Apple ear buds which hurt and don't stay in. I must have small ears. I've also dropped the iPod off the table several times when I've moved suddenly beyond reach of the buds' cord. My Touch is bluetooth capable.

What I want is an ear piece (for one ear only, like the cell phone pieces, not full headsets for both ears) with ear hook which will allow me to wirelessly listen to podcasts and still have one ear uncovered for outside noises. I do not require stereo, as I seldom listen to music, so monaural is all I want. I'm finding info on A2DP, which sounds like a technology which would be necessary to do what I want from an ear piece.

I've contacted many headset vendors and most don't seem to understand my request. They all seem so concerned about stereo for music, that I haven't been able to find even one that will definitely work with my Touch. The Motorokr works, but is a full headset.

Does anyone have and use such an ear piece, and if so, what brand and model, so that I might find one too? Many thanks. Judy

Thanks
    I use the Plantronics Discovery 975. This earpiece is blootooth capable. I use it with my Blackberry, generally for calls. It does not have an ear wire, but comes with 3 different sized gel ear buds that lock the earpiece in with ease. My wife uses hers with a small earpiece, whereas I use a medium size. The only time I have a problem using it is when I have my convertible top down. The ambient wind noise even cancels the Plantronics excellent noise canceling capabilities.

Your wireless dealer should be able to show you models that work, then go to eBay and search for the model you like best. You will be able to get it much cheaper.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Ted.
    Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it would be comfortable. Does it have this A2DP technology that I'm being told I have to have for it to work on the iPod?

We're out in the boonies here, so as far as a wireless dealer, I'm afraid Target and Walmart are about it!!! Not even a Best Buy here. Will have to order one online and hope for the best. Thanks again.Judy

Thanks
    I guess I would visit the web site for Plantronics I provided to see If they have a link to tech support to ask that question of. Since I use a Blackberry I am not sure of the the availability of A2DP tech, sorry.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, anyway, Ted. You've been helpful as usual. Judy

Thanks
    Judy,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Plugging your phone into the Plantronics web site support section, you should be able to find an earpiece that will work.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Ted. That's my problem. It's an iPod Touch (music player/data storage/application/wireless internet device), not a phone. But I will see what they say. Thanks. Judy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Everyone. If you're interested, I bought the Jabra Extreme and it does work on the iPod Touch. Just thought I'd let you know. Judy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Actually, I am facing about the same decision as Judy did. I am about to buy a Bluetooth ear piece not just for use with a cell, but also to listen to audio on my notebook, from Skype and internet calling, followed by listening to presentation and movie sound, and finally listen to web radio stations.

As monaural is all I want, I wonder if I really need A2DP support as A2DP seems to be all about stereo. Then again, maybe A2DP is especially needed with a single-ear hardware because if some of the encountered material is stereo, then it is maybe just the A2DP that will ensure that I hear the full audio in my monaural ear-piece and not just one channel.

Anybody can shed some light on this? As I am set on buying a Jawbone, the question of needing A2DP or not is quite crucial since there is only one (and currently more expensive) Jawbone product that will support A2DP. Thank you!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Martin.
    Well, I'm certainly glad to have one other person interested in using the bluetooth headset for the purpose I do! Thought I was totally alone in this need.

I do believe that due to the fact that we want the one piece earpiece, this may be the reason for the requirement of A2DP. An over the head headset may be altogether different. And I'd never go back to the two earplug style now that I have my Jabra Extreme. And I truthfully have never even tried to play music through it on my iPod Touch. Will have to give that a try some day. Good luck. Judy