Beverly, MA
    I cannot preview Office 2003 documents, like word or excel, in Windows Explorer in Windows 7. I get a message that "no preview available". I'm able to preview Adobe and Notepad files OK. I'm using Office 2003. Any thoughts?

North Carolina, USA
    Hi Ralph,

I believe you would have to be using Office 2007 to be able to view Word or Excel files in their format (not just their native format - you can save them in Office 2003 format and they will still be viewable in preview). Office 2003 files are readable by some of the earlier Office versions and evidently do not include the preview handlers that are necessary to preview the files. I use Office 2003 on my Windows 7 desktop, and I cannot preview Word or Excel files either. If the Word file is saved in .txt or .rtf, I can preview those files.
    The one good thing I have found is I have no difficulty in pinning Word or Excel files to my jump lists.

I have Office 2007 installed on my Windows 7 laptop, and I can preview the Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files, but have not been able to preview OneNote files.

Hope this helps.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill