Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to buy Office 2007 Pro now and upgrade to Office 2010 later using the MS Technology Guarantee. I don't want to get 2010 until I can resolve Outlook/Palm Treo hot sync issues. There a number of online resellers offering Retail Boxed 2007 Pro for $110-$120. Are these sites legit, or am I looking for trouble here? Are they cheap because 2010 Pro is now available?
    Thanks for your help.
    HH

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Hillman View Post
    I want to buy Office 2007 Pro now and upgrade to Office 2010 later using the MS Technology Guarantee. I don't want to get 2010 until I can resolve Outlook/Palm Treo hot sync issues. There a number of online resellers offering Retail Boxed 2007 Pro for $110-$120. Are these sites legit, or am I looking for trouble here? Are they cheap because 2010 Pro is now available?
    Thanks for your help.
    HH

Without a list of resellers it's hard to say. There are many legitimate resellers out there, and some unscrupulous ones.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted, thanks for your reply. I should have listed a couple of sites. Here are some that look OK, promising full retail boxed edition:
    Cutesofts, Bulksofts. Could be the same company, as web sites look very similar.
    www.buy2007pro.net/ displays as Software Store. Says 100% genuine, new and factory sealed.

Is it fair to assume that if it's factory sealed the Product Key is valid?
    HH

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This is what I get when I go to www.buy2007pro.net/

[attachment=89051:buy2007.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, John, I left out part of the link. Here is the full URL:

http://www.buy2007pro.net/microsoft-office-c-1.html It offers Office 2007 Pro for $118.

Howard

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When I click your link I see still the same error 404 page in chinese.

Looks suspicious to me. Cutesofts, buy2007.net and Bulksofts.com were all registered for the first time on June 11 this year.
    Regards
    John

Thanks
    I would be very careful and suspicious of these sites. I would stick with a bigger, better known site. The S/W may cost more, but you are buying peace of mind and customer service. Go to Nextag or Pricegrabber to see what deals you can find for Office 2007.

The terms of the free upgrade are listed in MS Office 2010 Tech Guarantee. I do not know where to get a list of authorized resellers at this point. Also make sure you check the elligibility requirements and all terms of the upgrade.

BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    I want to buy Office 2007 Pro now and upgrade to Office 2010 later using the MS Technology Guarantee. I don't want to get 2010 until I can resolve Outlook/Palm Treo hot sync issues. There a number of online resellers offering Retail Boxed 2007 Pro for $110-$120. Are these sites legit, or am I looking for trouble here?
    Amazon.com is selling Office 2007 Pro for $408 ("$92 off"). How many legitimate sites could sell for a quarter of that price?
    BATcher

Dear Diary, today the Hundred Years War started ...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That's really strange. I got the link from Googling "ms office 2007 ultimate steal". It's the first sponsored link on the right, labeled "Buy Office Pro 2007 $118". Also found the same link on Amazon. Web site is in plain English! Haven't got a clue how you got to the Chinese site.
    HH

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Haven't got a clue how you got to the Chinese site.
    I just click the link in your post. Still happens now!
    Regards
    John

Thanks
    Google and Amazon do not necessarily vett the sites that pay to gain exposure on their search engines. Just because a site does show up there does not make it a safe site. I get sites all the time from Google searches that get a poor rating by WOT. Obviously Howard it's your money, you can spend it the way you wish, but the old adage that "you don't get somethin for nuthin" still applies. There are legitimate sites that are discounting MS Office 2007 products but not as low as shown on some of these sites, esp when a qualifying product gets a free upgrade to Office 2010. So Howard you can take the advice offered here, or not as you so desire.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hutchison View Post
    I just click the link in your post. Still happens now!
    Very strange. When I click on that link (in my post above) I get the correct site. I have no idea why you can't.
    Anyway, it's not worth wasting any more of your time. Thanks for trying to help.
    HH

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Google and Amazon do not necessarily vett the sites that pay to gain exposure on their search engines. Just because a site does show up there does not make it a safe site. I get sites all the time from Google searches that get a poor rating by WOT. Obviously Howard it's your money, you can spend it the way you wish, but the old adage that "you don't get somethin for nuthin" still applies. There are legitimate sites that are discounting MS Office 2007 products but not as low as shown on some of these sites, esp when a qualifying product gets a free upgrade to Office 2010. So Howard you can take the advice offered here, or not as you so desire.
    Thanks for the info. I was just surprised at how many "discount" sites there are. I consider myself warned!
    HH

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I get the english version when I clicked on the site. Maybe he/they don't have the chinese/oriental translator.
    When I clicked on help and looked at there order/return guarantee, I read about their vitamins and workout stuff.
    STRANGE

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What I see (as shown in the Chinese posted earlier) is not actually the site, but a web server error message. I don't read Chinese, but the last line says HTTP ***404.
    This is a standard web server error.
    So the site may be written in English, but it runs on a server that gives error messages in Chinese. This suggests to me that the server is likely to be in China.

Why do I get an error message and you don't? Maybe the site is only available to a range of IP addresses, because they are targeting the US market. And so my IP address, which reveals that I am in Australia, is rejected and I am redirected to the error message.
    Regards
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast