New Lounger
    Thanks
    Win7 Home Premium, Logitech wireless Optical Trackman and wired keyboard, Logitech Control Centre v4.80.103 and Driver v4.82.11, Radeon HD5700 graphics card, driver v8.172 (2 Mar 10)

Ever since I upgraded to Win7, the mouse cursor will start out the correct size but after some, seemingly random period of time, the cursor size increases, uncommanded. I have not noticed any correlation between this activity and any particular app. I play Supreme Commander2 but this symptom appears regardless of my playing it. I have not noticed it returning to its proper size until I restart the machine.

Any thoughts?

Dallen

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallen Masters View Post
    Win7 Home Premium, Logitech wireless Optical Trackman and wired keyboard, Logitech Control Centre v4.80.103 and Driver v4.82.11, Radeon HD5700 graphics card, driver v8.172 (2 Mar 10)

Ever since I upgraded to Win7, the mouse cursor will start out the correct size but after some, seemingly random period of time, the cursor size increases, uncommanded. I have not noticed any correlation between this activity and any particular app. I play Supreme Commander2 but this symptom appears regardless of my playing it. I have not noticed it returning to its proper size until I restart the machine.

Any thoughts?

Dallen
    Try going into Device Manager and delete the mouse. Then have Windows re-install it.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Dallen

For starters, you might want to try clean boot as described here. That is to find out whether there is a background process - program or service affecting your case. If the problem persists even when booting clean, it's most likely not either of those. Other possible reasons could be your motherboard BIOS, usb bus or maybe mouse firmware. Have you tried your mouse transmitter unit to another usb port? That's the easiest of those three, although there still can be other simple causes such as radiation from e.g. loudspeakers or monitor.

Cheers, ripley --

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallen Masters View Post

Any thoughts?

Dallen
    Dallen,
    Hello.. I use a "logitech" wireless mouse and keyboard as well. I had some problems initially with "7" \ 64 and still have minor ones that I'm presently working with "Logetech" to solve . The other problem that i had was with the MX mouse... this was solved at the release of "SetPoint" v 6.0. Logitech SetPoint software v 6.1.55 has been released see this link and select your product http://www.logitech.com/en-us/suppor...oads/downloads and give the new release a try Regards Fred

PS: i use "xsx alpha blended cursors" http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/archi...-package!.html a really neat program that replaces that plain arrow. (works with Vista / 7 \32 \64)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Downloaded and installed the latest Setpoint software. Evaluating...

On a side note, the process to find my Trackman in Logitech's product lineup and identify the proper dl was absolutely painful.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, all.

New Setpoint didn't solve the problem, although, qualitatively, the frequency appears less. It's definitely not game related.

Is there any way to reset the cursor size other than logging off?

Dallen