Thanks
    We have a 25 page document, a Request For Proposal, that is sent out to potential vendors for them to fill in and then return, answering the hundred or so questions that are on the doc in a multi-level list format. After the document is returned, it later becomes part of the legal contract that is signed.

I need to re-do this document in a way that the questions themselves are locked or protected, so they cannot be changed or deleted. I've thought about creating a form out of the document, but I am not sure if that is the correct way to go.

When the vendors answer the questions, a single answer can often be as long as a full page or more of text, or some vendors may answer the same question with a single sentence. I do not want to have to edit out a lot of blank space if a form is set up that allows a large amount of space that is not used, so the space for the answers needs to expand as needed. So I am not sure if a form will allow the kind of flexibility that I need.

Any thoughts or suggestions about how to go about setting this up?

Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Certainly an on line form would do this task for you. The legacy Text Form field can be set to a restricted input size and type or it can be left 'unrestricted' so that it can span pages if required. You can also use drop down form fields to restrict the users answers - say if you have a range of colours, you can restrict the useers to select one of those colours. And form fileds can be bookmarked so that you can extract data from the completed form and use it to enter data into another document - a contract for example.

Using a form also has the obvious advantage that you can restrict the users to editing only the areas that you want them to enter information: in the form fields.

Thanks
    OK thanks.

I am going through some tutorials on forms now.