New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a frustrating problem with my daughter's Dell netbook running Windows XP. She used IE7 for months to access the sites she likes including some from which she downloads files. Recently she could not connect using IE7 even though Firefox is find. Unfortunately the some of the sites will not work with Firefox. We installed IE8 but that had the same problem. I have tried various suggestions around deleting the cache and history and temporary files but to no effect. I have tried installing Opera but I cannot complete this because it wants to access Http://redir.opera.com/wwwopera.com/firstrun/ and it says "Could not connect to proxy server access denied". I can access this site through Firefox! I have Zone Alarm Extreme sceurity installed and I have tried reducing the settings but it makes no difference. I have also noted that in downloading various programmes recently there is a problem opening the downloaded .exe files. I receive and error message to the effect that the files cannot be accessed because I do not have the right permissions. I am using an account with Admin status and I can open lots of other .exe files already installed on the netbook. I have tried unblocking the downloaded files but this again makes no difference. I have run Superantispyware, Malewarebytes' Anti-Malware and Spybot to get rid of any viruses etc but still have problems. Any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had a very similar problem only I have been using Zone Alram Pro. It seems like it may be an outbound connectivity ability issue.

Try using the Windows Firewall instead with IE and try turning the firewall to the lowest setting that then no longer has outbound protection and see if this works.

You can read further in my post 'IE8 Connectivity Problem" that was recently posted..

Thanks
    You can read & try the suggestions @ this link;My link
    For the better Uninstall program I've found is here;Revo Uninstaller Make sure you read the read me file for the revo uninstaller program.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Petr Highfield View Post
    I have a frustrating problem with my daughter's Dell netbook running Windows XP. She used IE7 for months to access the sites she likes including some from which she downloads files. Recently she could not connect using IE7 even though Firefox is find. Unfortunately the some of the sites will not work with Firefox. We installed IE8 but that had the same problem. I have tried various suggestions around deleting the cache and history and temporary files but to no effect. I have tried installing Opera but I cannot complete this because it wants to access Http://redir.opera.com/wwwopera.com/firstrun/ and it says "Could not connect to proxy server access denied". I can access this site through Firefox! I have Zone Alarm Extreme sceurity installed and I have tried reducing the settings but it makes no difference. I have also noted that in downloading various programmes recently there is a problem opening the downloaded .exe files. I receive and error message to the effect that the files cannot be accessed because I do not have the right permissions. I am using an account with Admin status and I can open lots of other .exe files already installed on the netbook. I have tried unblocking the downloaded files but this again makes no difference. I have run Superantispyware, Malewarebytes' Anti-Malware and Spybot to get rid of any viruses etc but still have problems. Any ideas?
    recently i've tried using after a long while lavasofts adaware, threatfire, and cloud antivirus all freeware versions. i would suggest scanning for malwares using this 3, goodluck