Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

1. When in Word 2003 VBA code editor and pressing F1 with cursor positioned on a Word-specific keyword like "ActiveDocument" the help window pops up but stays blank.
    2. Pressing F1 on a general VBA keyword like "Left$" does show the appropriate help text.
    3. Entering a Word-specific keyword like "ActiveDocument" into the top right search box does list appropriate search results and clicking the result entry "ActiveDocument property" makes the help window pop up with correct help text.

So it seems the word specific VBA help file cannot be addressed with F1. But on other PCs it can. I tried a Repair Install from Office Setup but this did not help.
    On the same machine I had installed Office XP beforehand. I used the Office 2003 installer to "wipe" the previous version.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    1. When in Word 2003 VBA code editor and pressing F1 with cursor positioned on a Word-specific keyword like "ActiveDocument" the help window pops up but stays blank.
    First, you might check that you have this file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAWD10.CHM

If you have the help file but the content won't display, I wonder whether there is a broader HTML help problem. Your other VBA help files work, so hopefully it's just a matter of a missing file...

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.
    I checked for the file you mentioned: \...\1033\VBAWD10.CHM and as I am working in germany with a german office I found it in \...\1031\VBAWD10.CHM.
    And, as I stated:
    3. Entering a Word-specific keyword like "ActiveDocument" into the top right search box does list appropriate search results and clicking the result entry "ActiveDocument property" makes the help window pop up with correct help text.
    So the Word VBA-Editor can adress the file if I use it's search box at the top right window corner but it cannot when using F1 on a code word either in a code window or in the direct window.