Thanks
    What do I do if when I embed a worksheet into a slide, the whole worksheet doesn't show? It doesn't (seem to) scroll, so how do I see the whole thing?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    As I understand things, you can only scroll within the worksheet whilst in Normal View in powerpoint when creating the slide show/presentation. You position the area of the worksheet you want visible in the xcel window in the usual way. As soon as you go into slide show view, powerpoint shows what is in effect a "capture" of the area of the worksheet as it was in the frame being viewed in normal view. I have got around this in some cases by reducing the size of the worksheet so that it fills the slide in normal view and then used pptPlex to create the slide show (you can download pptPlex at: http://www.officelabs.com/projects/p...s/default.aspx), because with pptPlex one can zoom in on any region of a slide to see even the smallest text. Of course, this may not be practical in many cases. But, as far as I can make out, you can not have an active xcel worksheet scroll window in a powerpoint slide in slide show view. Do any other Loungers have a different take?
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
    As I understand things, you can only scroll within the worksheet whilst in Normal View in powerpoint when creating the slide show/presentation. You position the area of the worksheet you want visible in the xcel window in the usual way. As soon as you go into slide show view, powerpoint shows what is in effect a "capture" of the area of the worksheet as it was in the frame being viewed in normal view. I have got around this in some cases by reducing the size of the worksheet so that it fills the slide in normal view and then used pptPlex to create the slide show (you can download pptPlex at: http://www.officelab...s/default.aspx), because with pptPlex one can zoom in on any region of a slide to see even the smallest text. Of course, this may not be practical in many cases. But, as far as I can make out, you can not have an active xcel worksheet scroll window in a powerpoint slide in slide show view. Do any other Loungers have a different take?
    Peter, I kinda get what you are saying...The link didn't work though (for me at least).

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    As I understand things, you can only scroll within the worksheet whilst in Normal View in powerpoint when creating the slide show/presentation. You position the area of the worksheet you want visible in the xcel window in the usual way. As soon as you go into slide show view, powerpoint shows what is in effect a "capture" of the area of the worksheet as it was in the frame being viewed in normal view. I have got around this in some cases by reducing the size of the worksheet so that it fills the slide in normal view and then used pptPlex to create the slide show (you can download pptPlex at: http://www.officelab...s/default.aspx), because with pptPlex one can zoom in on any region of a slide to see even the smallest text. Of course, this may not be practical in many cases. But, as far as I can make out, you can not have an active xcel worksheet scroll window in a powerpoint slide in slide show view. Do any other Loungers have a different take?
    If I embed the spreadsheet, it is too big for the window. Then I put in scroll objects, but they did nothing. AND, if I shrink or expand the spreadsheet window on the slide, instead of shrinking or expanding the area shown, the whole worksheet is shown and the type just expands or contracts.

Ugh!

Thanks
    Peter, I found an easy way:

In Powerpoint, insert a blank worksheet object. Then go to the worksheet you want to copy and ^A (select all) ^C (Copy), then back to the worksheet object, and, while in R1C1, ^V (Paste).

CB

Thanks
    Hi CB. Yes, I have done that, but I am still unable to scroll the worksheet in Slide View?????

Try this link to get to ppt Plex: http://www.officelabs.com/projects/pptPlex/
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Hi CB. Yes, I have done that, but I am still unable to scroll the worksheet in Slide View?????

Try this link to get to ppt Plex: http://www.officelab...ojects/pptPlex/
    Peter, I'll take a look at that new link, but you know what someone told me that seems to work great? I set up a new blank worksheet in PowerPoint, and then select and copy all from the sheet I want in PPoint, and then paste it into the new worksheet in the slide!

font size, scroll bars -- it's all automatically there and correct!

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

Thanks

Try this link to get to ppt Plex: http://www.officelab...ojects/pptPlex/
    Peter, I got the download, and it installs without error, but it doesn't show up at all in PPoint 2010 -- which it I supposed to be compatible with now (new upload). Dunno why it won't show up.When I look at the Add-ins, it shows as inactive, and I tried 3 times re-installing...

Oh well, would have been nice to take a look...

Regards,
    Chuck

Thanks
    Hello again Chuck. Sorry to hear the pptPlex add-in does not seem to work: It should, since the down-load site specifically states that pptPlex now works with Office 2007 and 2010. (I still use Office 2007. I downloaded the latest version of pptPlex and find that it still works with my 2007. I can't, however speak for 2010). When you open powerpoint, do you get a pptPlex notification screen overlaid on the usual powerpoint opening view? There should also be a pptPlex button on the ribbon.

By the way, I have tried pasting complete worksheets into a newly-opened blank sheet in powerpoint. The sheet scrolls in Normal View, but NOT in slide (presentation) view.....So, my original post to your thread still seems to apply.
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Hello again Chuck. Sorry to hear the pptPlex add-in does not seem to work: It should, since the down-load site specifically states that pptPlex now works with Office 2007 and 2010. (I still use Office 2007. I downloaded the latest version of pptPlex and find that it still works with my 2007. I can't, however speak for 2010). When you open powerpoint, do you get a pptPlex notification screen overlaid on the usual powerpoint opening view? There should also be a pptPlex button on the ribbon.

By the way, I have tried pasting complete worksheets into a newly-opened blank sheet in powerpoint. The sheet scrolls in Normal View, but NOT in slide (presentation) view.....So, my original post to your thread still seems to apply.
    Cheers.
    Peter, no I got no overlay, nor did I get any tab on the ribbon.

As for the embedded worksheet, I'll take another look.

Thanks,
    Chuck