Star Lounger
    Thanks
    == For the last few months, an XP-sp3 machine running IE8 has, on various sites (not all) omitted graphics that show up when I go to those sites using another machine. So far it looks like a minor inconvenience. But this morning, the Google logo on its main page has disappeared -- the largest omission to date. Everything else seems to be working fine.. And Google searches still function as advertised. But what could be causing these graphic omissions?

Thanks
    Is it possible that in IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, somehow the Multimedia section has been changed. I would check to see if Show Pictures is checked.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

bobthebear (2011-05-19)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Is it possible that in IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, somehow the Multimedia section has been changed. I would check to see if Show Pictures is checked.
    == Will do. But not all graphics have disappeared -- only minor bits and pieces here and there. For instance, a smaller Google logo DOES appear on the G-mail page. And the problem does not occurr on all sites -- actually very few. I will, however, check out your suggestions, for which, thanks again.

== LATER: Just checked and SHOW PICTURES is checked, as well as 5 others in the Multimedia section. The only one not checked was "SHow image download placeholder" (whatever that means).

== There may have been various jigglings with various settings over the years. Would it be wise to reset to the original settings?

Thanks
    I do not believe this is the problem. The place holders thing is if pictures is unchecked, a box will be shown with a red X to show a picture is missing. I'm unsure at this point what might be going on. I will keep it in mind in case something comes up.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthebear View Post
    == For the last few months, an XP-sp3 machine running IE8 has, on various sites (not all) omitted graphics that show up when I go to those sites using another machine. So far it looks like a minor inconvenience. But this morning, the Google logo on its main page has disappeared -- the largest omission to date. Everything else seems to be working fine.. And Google searches still function as advertised. But what could be causing these graphic omissions?
    this sounds strange i know but it worked for me, check under control panel / accessability options and see if "high contrast " is checked, if it is uncheck it, it fixed my exact same problem..

rgds
    Syb

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sybex For This Useful Post:

bobthebear (2011-05-19)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybex View Post
    this sounds strange i know but it worked for me, check under control panel / accessability options and see if "high contrast " is checked, if it is, uncheck it, it fixed my exact same problem..

rgds, Syb
    A million thanks, Sybex ! ! ! Worked like a charm. And brought back colors I didn't even know were missing. I don't know if I did it correctly because it's a new feature but I gave your solution a THUMBS-UP. Would have given it 5 thumbs up but I don't think you can do that. And who would have thought of that solution? Only a Lounge member. I realize it was only a minor problem but it's been irritating me for a long while and I'm glad to have put it to rest. Thanks once more.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    cool bob ,

glad i could help

Syb

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sybex For This Useful Post:

bobthebear (2011-05-19)