New Lounger
    Thanks
    I figured out how to add the "Send to PowerPoint" to my Quick Access toolbar in Office Word 2007, but when I have tried to use it on several occasions, it opens PowerPoint 2007, but there is nothing there - just a blank workspace. I have tried sending both 2003 .doc and 2007 .docx formats, but still get nothing.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Check out this MVP article as it relates to Office 2007 - Send Word to PowerPoint - it implies that you can't do that directly with Word 2007. However the article is a few years old, so it is possible that Service Pack 2 of Office 2007 has changed the situation.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the article, Wendall. I actually used the steps listed towards the end originally to add the "Send to PowerPoint" to my Quick Access bar. I tried the suggestion to Open the document as an outline in PowerPoint, but that didn't help. I am supposed to get an upgrade to Office 2010 soon, so I guess I can wait to see if they fixed the problem in the newest version. I have discussed this with several other people and they all have the same problem in 2007.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In case anyone has the same problem, I finally figured out the solution. In the original Word document, you have to switch into the Outline view. Then you can promote and demote each line(s) to Heading 1 (which will end up in the Title bar on the slide) or Heading 2 (which will end up in the Body Text on the slide) and so on. When you click the "Send to PowerPoint" button that you added to your Quick Access Toolbar, the document is opened in PowerPoint with each slide already created according to your headings. Hope this helps someone!