Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have just started working with Excel 2010 after many years using 2003. One of the biggest headaches I currently have is creating PDF reports that are of manageable size. Here's the situation:

I have a number of spreadsheets created in Excel 2003 with charts and data which get updated every two weeks. Once the data and charts are updated, I generate a 120 page report, the size of which used to be around 2MB, give or take. Now that I have started using Excel 2010, when I go to create the document, the size of the PDF file is about 10 times as large. I have tried using the smallest size compression in PDF, I have saved the files in the .xlsx format and I am no longer running in compatibility mode and still the same issue. My only guess at this point is that for charts which have been inherited from a previous version of Excel, the size of the PDF file is much larger than for charts created natively in 2010. If that is true it would be immensely cumbersome/problematic since most people would basically have to re-create complex sheet build over time if there is any chance of emailing the work as PDF. Any ideas? Am I missing something in the conversion? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Altin Kalo

Thanks
    I believe that you will get more and better help if we knew exactly what software is generating the pdf documents and what settings you are using.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard but have tried Adobe Acrobat Standard 9 on a different machine with similar results. I have tried all the available settings, although the one I use almost always is the 'Smallest File Size." This is a pre-set setting for the Adobe PDF printer.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Altin

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you are using Excel2010, have you tried using the new built-in Save-As file type PDF?
    It has radio button options for Standard, and for Minimum size.

Just a thought.

zeddy