Thread: Win 7 & BIOS

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hopefully this will be an easy question to reply to.. just had Win 7 installed on my pc and started wondering if my BIOS was up todate.. after looking at the Intel site- simple answer -NO, it was last updated when it was installed in 2007. How important is it to keep the BIOS updated? There has been about 8 updates since my version & of course Intel doesn't support it via chat etc... I have updated all drivers after the Win 7 install.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Judy, just because your BIOS date seems old, does not mean they are outdated. I suggest you visit your PC's manufacturers site for info. Check what update if any is for. If you're not experiencing any trouble, leave them alone as done incorrectly can cause serious damage.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    I'm with Roadrunner, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Just as graphics drivers sometimes do not need the latest drivers, bios at time do not need updating unless you are having wierd problems.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Torp View Post
    Hopefully this will be an easy question to reply to.. just had Win 7 installed on my pc and started wondering if my BIOS was up todate.. after looking at the Intel site- simple answer -NO, it was last updated when it was installed in 2007. How important is it to keep the BIOS updated? There has been about 8 updates since my version & of course Intel doesn't support it via chat etc... I have updated all drivers after the Win 7 install.
    Thanks
    I agree with the others in this thread that if your managing well without any noticable hardware problems, then you should be fine the way you are.

It would also be a good idea to read over the bios "Readme file" to find out what changes
    are made and fixes are in place for what.

Some light reading:
    BIOS update instructions
    How to Flash a BIOS Without Giving Yourself a Headache
    Why and How to Flash Your BIOS
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.