New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a strange problem which is difficult to describe and do not know where to start to solve it.

When trying a search on some internet sites (Opodo and Mappy for example) my searches never conclude and stay on the search screen forever so I never find the flight or geographical location I am looking for. This does not happen on all sites but does occur on both my PCs using Firefox and IE8 but does not happen on my iPod Touch.

Any ideas? Dave

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This also happens on a third PC and after deleting cookies, cache and history. I have done a virus scan and run antimalwarebytes to no avail.

Thanks
    I haven't tested those sites, but in some cases script blockers and ad blockers can be a bit too aggressive. And conversely, sometimes a site will appear to hang when an external link (e.g., advertisement) does not load.

If you describe the exact steps to re-create the problem, it might be easier for others to test.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes it was my firewall which I corrected by telling it to allow everything from the particular site. I was thrown as there were no error or blocking messages I could see and tried switching it off completely.to prove it was the firewall. Thanks