Thanks
    I am pretty sure that this is going be a PICNIC (Problem in Chair Not in Computer) problem but oh well.
    In Windows Explorer I show several folders as shortcuts.
    These are:
    Application Data
    Cookies
    Local Settings
    PrintHood
    NetHood
    Recent
    SendTo
    StartMenu
    Templates.

With the exception of the "Recent" shortcut folder when I click on one I get the "Access Denied" Screen
    I am curious about what is going on here or just WTH I may have done. In the attachments you will see "My Documents" I did take a shot and deleted the "My Documents" shortcut that was listed, rebooted, and all is well there at least with that folder, but I am reluctant to do that with any of the others.

Windows7 Ultimate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have hidden files turned on? I see them then and they are system shortcuts, not sure why they are put in there with the objects that they are pointing to. Maybe it has something to do with libraries? I leave them alone even though I like to have hidden folders on and they're an eyesore.

Thanks
    The list you found is most likely the list of junction points created by a Windows 7 to redirect XP software that is looking to write in the XP User Profile folder locations. When an XP app is looking for the folder "Application Data", the junction point that you see by that name redirects the app to the Windows 7 User Profile "AppData" folder. The others work the same way. Using junction points helps some XP era applications run on Vista and Windows 7.

These are protected Windows 7 OS files and the "Access is denied" messages are to prevent anyone from deleting a junction point. If you did delete the "My Documents" junction point, you could run into problems if you have an XP app installed that will be looking for the XP "My Documents" folder in the User profile.

Some XP apps are so well written that they query the OS to find the necessary folder. The junction points were included in Win7 for those XP apps that tend to write to fixed locations. Hopefully, if you have installed any XP applications they will fall under the former and not the latter.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    These are there for the older not Windows 7 compliant programs to use, since most will be looking for "Documents And Settings and this folder is now "Users".
    That is why they are hidden and system files, stay out of them, do not mess with then including changing ownership.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    Thanks All. Well at least it wasn't a PICNIC huh!.. Lest leave well enough alone.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)