3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Cisco RVS4000 router. Wired. (Computers on my net are running 2000 and XP). Up until two days ago internet speeds were okay -- within ISP tolerances. But then suddenly the upload speed slowed down and locked in at .470mbps. Every speed test gives that +/- .01. Nope, it's not the ISP, It's not the computers. I had a spare identical router, put it into the system and speeds are back to "normal". Put the original back in and speeds go back to .470. Rebooting doesn't seem to help. All internal settings on the routers appear to be identical. So I'm stumped. Anyone got any brilliant ideas?

Al

Thanks
    Hi Al,

Have you reset the router to its default configuration, and set up your parameters again? If not, give that a try.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Funny thing. I thought about doing that. But then I thought "do I really want to go through all that again?" ... I tried pushing the "reset" button on the back, but that didn't seem to do anything. ... I'll go in and do a reset to default settings, and see what happens. ... Thanks Gerald.

Al

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well... It was a thought. Going to default settings and redoing parameters did not change the problem.

Al

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlStewart View Post
    Funny thing. I thought about doing that. But then I thought "do I really want to go through all that again?" ... I tried pushing the "reset" button on the back, but that didn't seem to do anything. ... I'll go in and do a reset to default settings, and see what happens. ... Thanks Gerald.

Al

Did you hold the reset button for at least 15 - 20 seconds? If so, and the router didn't reset, it may have gone south.

JB

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ah-hah 15 or 20 seconds. I should have guessed at something like that. The manual didn't give a hint -- at least not one I saw. Thanks. I'll give that a try. ... The router is only about 6 months old.

Al

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay. I pressed reset. Held for 30 seconds. It reset everything. Set it up again for my preferred settings. It still is hung up on that extra slow upload speed. Discouraging. Guess it was a waste of money.

So now ... to see if I can find a GOOD, RELIABLE router to replace it. I don't have any wireless on my machines. Wired routers seem to be rare. Guess I'll keep Googling.

Thanks for your help.

Al