New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    On my desktop I have noticed a colored rectangle box surronding the title of the icons. I am trying to get rid of the color behind the icon title.( Example: under the icon for Internet Explorer it says internet explorer but has a color box behind it.) I can change the color of it but not get rid of the color. I have put my settings on XP instead of classic but it has not changed back to just the icon title.
    Anyone know how to do this ? What is that color bar actually called ?
    Thanks,
    Phil

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Its just called the icon background color. There's an oldie but goodie program called Iconoid 3.14 for XP, lets you customize background color or make it transparent, lets you change text color, autohide icons, remember icon positions. Give it a try if you never have.
    http://www.sillysot.com/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Byron,
    I will download the program you told me about.
    What do you think I did that changed the icons background color from transparent to a one with color ?
    Once again thanks,
    Phil

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What do you think I did that changed the icons background color from transparent to a one with color ?
    I use Iconoid and Stardock products all the time so I don't remember what the original desktop condition is for sure but I thought is always included a icon background color and the only way to mask that was to make the desktop background color the same. Like black on black would make it seem transparent.

In system properties>Advanced>Performance settings>Advanced there is a setting to use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop which might cancel out background color?? Like I said I'm not sure anymore because I really change the display far away from the normal defaults.