New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd like to configure my wife's Windows 7 computer for easily associating her Canon camera with Adobe Lightroom and import its stored images. Installing Lr didn't do it, and I'm hoping I can some how easily make a registry change such that connection to her computer will open a Lr dialog for importing into the Lr database and in accordance with Lr import preferences.

Please advise ...

TIA

Thanks
    No guarantee on this one...
    Go to control panel under AutoPlay, look for your device, it will probably be at the bottom.
    Under the menu to the right of your device, see if Adobe Lightroom has a listing.

If it does not have a listing, check the installation setting of Adobe Lightroom and or go
    over the programs faq.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint ... thanx for the prompt reply

... but no cigar! ... i.e., the only options shown are import via Windows, or open a file browser for viewing. I had posted this earlier at the Lr forum, so I don't believe I'll find anything from Lr help resources, and I'm hoping that Windows' resources can come to the rescue(?)

The Win7 interface to how devices shall be recognized and dealt with is excellent. (i.e., I'd love to do the same with my XP computer, but instead deal with the few extra mouse-clicks) It seem that all is needed in Win7 is a way to add apps ...

Thanks
    Looks like you'll have to setup a watched folder.

I have the Windows Live Photogallery set up on my system and it is listed among the
    AutoPlay programs in my device...
    Perhaps it's an Adobe issue regarding the way their programs work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Forgot about potential 3rd party solutions!
    Try this: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/de...s-7-and-vista/

Default Programs Editor is a very useful tool which helps you to edit file type associations, add or remove AutoPlay handlers and static context menu entries. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, there is no option provided to add or edit context menu entries and static verbs (as in Windows XPís "File Types" dialog.) Here is where the Default Programs Editor comes in handy.
    DRIVE IMAGING

Latest Build: