Thread: Go To Special

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I know I have asked this question before, but I can't remember the exact keystrokes, nor can I find it in a search. I have a spreadsheet with contract numbers entered in A1, A12, A15, and A20. What I would like to do is copy the number in A1 down through A11, the number in A12 down through A14, etc., with the last number in A20 copied down through A25. I know I need to highlight all the way down to A25, then go to Find, GoTo Special, Blanks, but I forget the last keystrokes. Any help?
    Thanks in advance.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try this - Click cell A1 and then move to lower right hand corner of cell A1 until you get a black cross hair and then click and drag down to cell A11. Repeat the procedure on cells A12,A15, and A20.

Make sure the cross hair is black and not the white plus sign.

This method of copying works for both copying down or copying across cells.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Tim, but the method I am thinking about involves one or two keystrokes and you populate all 25 cells with the desired result.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    AHA! I remember: After you highligt the area you want to populate, you go to Find, GoTo Special, Blanks, type in an equal sign (=), then hit the up arrow, then hold down the "Ctrl" key and hit enter.