New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Using Outlook 2007.
    We extensively rely on keeping emails together. Each new enquiry/client gets its own new folder, the email is moved there and replied to.
    Normally the reply/sent email gets stored with the original correctly in the new folder unless it is saved in Drafts during the editing. Once re-opened from Drafts and sent, it gets saved in Sent items instead of the new folder.
    This did not occur with Outlook 2003 and is proving to be a major pita now.

Any clues?

thanks
    Steve

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In what you call your "normal" situation, do you manually moving the email message that is sent or do you have a rule that files the email somehow? If so, is the rule breaking when the message is being sent from the Drafts folder?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    I expect they have set the Option "In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with the original message."
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherratt View Post
    Using Outlook 2007. email is moved (to the client folder) and replied to.
    Normally the reply/sent email gets stored with the original correctly in the new folder unless it is saved in Drafts during the editing. Once re-opened from Drafts and sent, it gets saved in Sent items instead of the new folder.
    I can't find anything addressing this problem. If you are desperate, you could look at using the code in this post, but it will operate on ALL messages sent, which may become annoying.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    I expect they have set the Option "In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with the original message."
    I didn't even know Outlook had this feature - haven't been using it very long! Nice feature - thanks for pointing it out.