Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have several publications I am about to scan. (Worry not about copyright issues as I am the publisher and am creating the files with permission.)

My scanner has an auto-document feeder so the actual scanning should go fairly quickly. The scanner treats each "batch" of pages as one document. I scan 20 pages and I get one 20 page pdf file. The problem is the publications are printed on the front and back of each page.

Have looked and looked and can not find an easy way to recombine the documents into the proper order. I could scan them one page at a time but am hoping for a better solution.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Larry P

Thanks
    Assuming there is not too much of a loss in quality, the fastest workaround appears to be to make copies of the back sides, reassemble them with the front sides, and then scan them all at once.

If that doesn't work, you could split the odds and evens into individual files and reassemble them using a command-line PDF tool. I don't know whether pdftk - the pdf toolkit is up to the job -- see Hack #51 at O'Reilly Media | PDF Hacks -- or whether you will need to dig into another tool...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you jscher2000 for the helpful suggestion.

We did that for awhile. My son suggested that it would be just as fast to scan the pages one at a time. Since he was the one actually doing the work I told him to do it any way he wanted.

At one point he was using the Dell printer usually used by the office manager. I noticed he was copying both sides of each page in one pass.

That was when it hit me. Duh, if it will copy both sides of a sheet of paper at once it can scan both at once.

Problem solved using previously unknown hardware capability.

Thanks again.

Larry P

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Look at PDFill PDF Tools at http://www.pdfill.com/pdf_tools_free.html. It has 15 different things you can do to PDF files. Free and no watermarks!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Harrington View Post
    Look at PDFill PDF Tools at http://www.pdfill.com/pdf_tools_free.html. It has 15 different things you can do to PDF files. Free and no watermarks!
    Need to take out the final period in that link for it to work
    PDFill PDF Tools are FREE