Lounger
    Thanks
    I am the only user, running Win7x64 on a dual-monitor setup, and sometimes when I startup, I find that some but not all of the six Gadgets I have installed have moved from one screen to another, or maybe just to a different spot on the same screen. This does not happen all the time, but often enough to be annoying, and seemingly at random. Has anyone else encountered this?
    Mike
    I can always use good information

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Mike,

I have a dual monitor Win 7 32 bit setup and do not have a problem with my gadgets moving around. Sorry but I don't have dual monitors on my 64 bit laptop setup to test.

RG
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I would say that some program or game is being used and the screen resolution is being changed and they get moved and then after closing, the resolution is changed back, but the gadgets stay put,

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would say its probably screen resolution changes as well. I switch back and forth between HDMI inputs and for some reason Win 7 is very vigilant when it comes to checking for monitor feeds and if it doesn't find one it changes resolution to some default and when I go back, everything is shifted up and left.

If there is no predicting where the gadget shifts to based on its previous position then it might be something else, but I have several Win 7 systems and they are all rather "shifty" coming back with a signal refresh.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I would say that some program or game is being used and the screen resolution is being changed and they get moved and then after closing, the resolution is changed back, but the gadgets stay put,

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Tarbox View Post
    I would say its probably screen resolution changes as well. I switch back and forth between HDMI inputs and for some reason Win 7 is very vigilant when it comes to checking for monitor feeds and if it doesn't find one it changes resolution to some default and when I go back, everything is shifted up and left.

If there is no predicting where the gadget shifts to based on its previous position then it might be something else, but I have several Win 7 systems and they are all rather "shifty" coming back with a signal refresh.
    I do play one online game everyday, but I do not notice this gadget movement all the time. Both of you may be correct about the cause of this, and I appreciate the input, but it is not important enough for me to do anything more uless somebody else comes up with a different idea.

Back when I used the Vista Sidebar for gadgets, they would occaisionally change places on the sidebar at startup, although they always stayed on the sidebar.

Thanks to you both.
    Mike
    I can always use good information