2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, My wife and I travel all the time and mostly use Verizon wireless for access to the internet, when there is no WiFi available. As we have only one Verizon wireless modem, only one of us can be on the internet at a time (I know a big problem). Is there a way, that if my pc is online, that she can connect using my pc as an access point, or vise-versa. I think that I have heard, that, that is possible. I use a HP laptop running Win 7 and she uses an Apple. I would say that both of us are the next step above beginners. Any help or guidance to some hardware that would allow this would bring peace to our household. Thank you..

Thanks
    I'm not sure if this is possible with a PC and Mac. Can you even network these 2 OSs together under regular basis? It may be easier if you travel that much to acquire a 2nd Verizon Access card, or perhaps a Verizon hotspot device.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    does this

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...5/en/8156.html

or this

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ection-Sharing

help?

The easiest would be to get the hotspot device or a router that you can plug your Verizon USB modem into. (there are several available) However, these two options would require you to spend a little more money on hardware.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Mercyh, For me it looks complicated but I will try it, thanks again..........Stan

Thanks
    Stan,

My Personal Message to you would not go through. I wanted to inform you I moved this thread to the Networking forum.

Thanks,

Gerald
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Stan, hello again.

Hi, My wife and I travel all the time and mostly use Verizon wireless for access to the internet, when there is no WiFi available. As we have only one Verizon wireless modem, only one of us can be on the internet at a time (I know a big problem). Is there a way, that if my pc is online, that she can connect using my pc as an access point, or vise-versa. I think that I have heard, that, that is possible. I use a HP laptop running Win 7 and she uses an Apple. I would say that both of us are the next step above beginners. Any help or guidance to some hardware that would allow this would bring peace to our household. Thank you..

What kind of WL interface are you using and how is it connected ? Is this an AP or what ? JP.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted, hello.

I'm not sure if this is possible with a PC and Mac. Can you even network these 2 OSs together under regular basis?

Yes, the lady upstairs uses a wormy, we use the same AP. JP.