Thread: Please Test

Thanks
    On your browser, I take you have your home page of choice stored, the page that appears on opening it. Now pin the page to the taskbar. Now close your browser and re open it from the desktop icon. Next , temporarily change your home page and store it. Now close your browser, but this time, click it on the taskbar. What page opens?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was curious why you posted, so I tried it. My homepage appeared as is the usual case. When I changed the homepage to another site, that new homepage appeared as expected. I assume that is not the case for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    On your browser, I take you have your home page of choice stored, the page that appears on opening it. Now pin the page to the taskbar. Now close your browser and re open it from the desktop icon. Next , temporarily change your home page and store it. Now close your browser, but this time, click it on the taskbar. What page opens?
    I had no difficulty opening my usual homepage as you suggested. It is very possible you have had your browser hijacked. Does this happen when you use IE or FF or Chrome or whichever you are using? Have you run MS Malicious Software Removal Tool lately?

There is software called HijackThis by Trend Micro that you can run to identify if you have this problem. Once you run the scan, there are instructions for posting the logs where you can get help identifying the problematic registry issues. There is an HijackThis automated analysis tool with instructions you can follow if you suspect a browser hijacking. On the other hand, perhaps there is a simple explanation for the issue you are having. Without further details, my first instinct was to point you to HijackThis
    Take a sad song and make it better

Thanks
    Hi Jude & Richard, I use FF, home page igoogle. After pinning FF to taskbar and removing shortcut, everytime FF was opened I had to sign-in. This was fixed when removing FF from taskbar and reinstating desktop shortcut.
    I had did the same with Winamp, sometimes it would not start. I know my PC is not infected.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Jude & Richard, I use FF, home page igoogle. After pinning FF to taskbar and removing shortcut, everytime FF was opened I had to sign-in. This was fixed when removing FF from taskbar and reinstating desktop shortcut.
    I had did the same with Winamp, sometimes it would not start. I know my PC is not infected.
    I'm really glad to hear it is resolved and no malware or malicious problem exists!!!
    Take a sad song and make it better