3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Everyone,

I am uploading video using Sony PMB. It is uploaded as AVI, but it uses a lot of space. What is a good video format that can reduce the size (in terms of space) but keep good quality (MPEG, etc)? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not familiar with Sony PMB, so I don't know if there are options to use different codecs for compression. But that would be my first stop: to find out if there's already a possibility with built in codec(s) or if it is possible to load some external codec into the program. Maybe you can check your program preferences/options/whatever for this. Does this make sense to you? Or maybe someone knows even better right away?

Also, it might be helpful to know where you are uploading the video. This may point to the available possibilities.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When recording video I always use MPEG-2 - it provides DVD quality compression. I don't know if PMB will let you convert the AVI files, or if you will need another app. I use Pinnacle Studio and have been very happy with it (and it is often on sale at a huge discount at my local Fry's).