Thread: Taskbar

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am using Windows XP Pro. I was wondering if there is a Taskbar folder that contains all of the programs that I have placed on the Taskbar. If there is such a folder, where is it located? I would like to copy it to a CD. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Thanks
    Moon, the Task Bar itself does not contain a stable set of items, but rather whatever programs you've decided to open and either keep open or minimize. So there would be no folder that had the items from the Task Bar per se, or at least no folder that would remain the same from one bootup to the next. Do you perhaps mean the Quick Launch Bar? The System Tray? Both of these are on the Task Bar but are usually referred to by their specific names rather than as "the Task Bar." In the case of the Quick Launch Bar, the items there are pretty stable. The System Tray contains some items that start at startup, plus some items that you open afterwards and then close or minimize to the System Tray. You can find at least some of the items in the Quick Launch Bar at C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer, at least that's where they are on my WinXP Pro computer. You can find one or two more in the same place except instead of [username] put Default User or Administrator--i.e.,
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.

I'm not sure why you'd want to copy the contents to a CD, but I hope the message helps.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Cyberdiva for your response.

I wanted to copy the items on the Quick Launch menu to a CD in case my computer went down for the count. I have used Snagit 10 instead to copy the menu names and stored this copy on an external hard drive.

Thanks for your comprehensive response. Have a good one...

moon

Thanks
    Why not image the entire drive so you have it in case the OS gets hosed?
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy