2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PATCH WATCH

New iPhone OS is not always an easy update

By Susan Bradley

Apple usually has relatively pain-free updates, but the latest iPhone operating system, iOS4, is causing headaches.

The phones most affected are those connecting to Microsoft Exchange servers, but those synching with Gmail also have problems.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/2010/07/08/07 (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by revia; 2011-01-19 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Regarding .NET Framework updates -- I have installed every one of them on my (personal home user) laptops (Windows XP Pro and Windows 7) without any problems. Maybe this is more of a business networking and server applications issue you have been reporting about?

And about Microsoft Security essentials -- frequently the updates (even the Definitions) report they fail the first time, only to succeed the second try. I think there is a bug running around in there somewhere. Anyway, both the Definitions and the Program Updates seem to get done -- eventually. Not any worse than my other security programs, or ones I've tried in the past. At least MSE is Native 64-bit. Only a few other security programs can make that claim.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Regarding the Microsoft Security Essentials update....
    It would not install on my office PC (domain based) via the automatic download.
    But I downloaded the installer and it worked perfectly.