New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been directed to prevent my users from saving data to the hard drive. I had understood that this could be done in Safe Mode. I booted into Safe Mode and selected Windows XP. Then I:

- Opened my Administrator account,
    - Opened My Computer,
    - Right-clicked on Local Disk (C) - Properties - Security - Users and allowed only Read & Execute, List Folder Contents and Read.

I rebooted into the User account, opened Word, typed some letters and clicked on File - Save As. The save occurred. I confirmed this by opening Windows Explorer and found the file. Failure,

I repeated the above steps and clicked on Advanced. I found a list of accounts, three of which pertained to the users. I disallowed them everything and then allowed only read and execute entries.

I rebooted into the User account, opened Word and proceeded as above. The results were the same. Failure.

Iím at a dead end. Is it really possible to restrict the users as I endeavored to do? If so, please provide detailed directions.

Thank you.
    -

Thanks
    Here' a link that might help;Prevent user's
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You cannot really prevent users writing to the hard disk without breaking Windows - it needs to write data to work.
    If you are on a network the best option is to redirect the users' home drives / My Documents via group policy. Then the users are automatically directed to the new My Docs when attempting to save.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Consider Windows SteadyState or something similar.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.