Thread: .Net Patch

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    Windows secrets advised not to install patch KB979909 in June. At the time I then checked the box not to download and not to notify again. However in this months windows secrets it advises to patch all the .net(s) with the exception of framework 4.
    My problem is I am unable to find where and how to download the patch / hotfix to install. I keep getting redirected to Microsoft downloads and can find net framework 3.5 which I have installed but not the June patch for it.
    Can anyone advise where I can simply find the download.
    Thanks for any help or advice.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    If you go to the Windows Update site, in the left column there should be a link to "Restore hidden updates". Click it and you'll get to select the updates you wish to see again.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe but still going round in circles. Unable to find page and link with "Restore hidden updates". Do you know what the url is?
    Cheers

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Found download by going to Control Panel / System Properties / Automatic Updates and there was the solution "Offer updates again that I've previously hidden" which I clicked. I now have the patch(s).
    Thanks