New Lounger
    Thanks
    Running XP w/SP2. Task bar suddenly occupies two rows on the bottom of the screen. How do I correct? - Jim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That should be an easy question but with computers these days, I take nothing for granted. This is normally an optional setting. You can set it to a single row or multiple rows, however you wish. To change it back to a single row, first make sure you taskbar is not locked, right click on an open portion and make sure there is no check mark beside Lock your Taskbar. Then with your mouse hover over top edge of the Taskbar, click and move to the top edge down. That should do it. You can lock it if you want.

Ron

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I take nothing for granted
    Check your resolution too but probably it just wasn't locked and got accidently pulled up a notch. Its a so-called feature, practice giving it a tug or two and you can cover half your screen with taskbar, which begs the question; does anyone do that and why?

Thanks
    I have often accidentally pulled the taskbar up to a larger height. I now lock the taskbar. Wait until you acciddentally pull it to the side of your screen, or the top. What a rush that becomes. The first time I was at a loss for quite a while.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your suggestions. Task bar is not locked. Placing cursor at top of task bar produces a double arrow. Dragging task bar to bottom pulls it out of sight. Using double arrow to drag it back brings back the two rows. - Jim