New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a main form (A) which shows the issue that a department has been dealing with. I have subform called resolution activities(B) and is continuous) that shows what is being done to remedy the problem and is linked to the A by Issue ID. I want to create another subform called comments (C) that is nested within B and is continuous and will list comments and dates of comments that is being done on the resolution(B). What is the best way to sync these forms?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can nest a subform in the subform in exactly the same way.

You should have three tables -

tblIssue (with IssueID being the primary key),

tblResolutionActivitiy (with ActivityID being the primary key and IssueID as the foreign key that establishes the relationship with tblIssue)

tblActivityNote (with NoteID as the primary key and ActivityID as the foreign key that joins to tblResolutionActivity)

So just as you used IssueID to establish the Child / Parent relationship between the first subform and the parent form, you would use ActivityID as the Link Child and Link Master fields.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When you put a continuous subform within another continuous form, Access says it can't be done and changes the form to a Single form.

To get around this you need to put the second subform within the form footer or header of the first subform, then change it back to a continuous form (via the properties box).
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That works and thank you very much.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Neat trick -thanks John, I'd always had to go to single view for the first subform.