Thanks
    If I installed a 60-day trial of office 2010 Pro Plus, and now want to install the purchased copy (same version), do I have to uninstall the one or can I install over it?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes. Uninstall the trial first. You will not lose any of your documents or customisations though: it is quite safe to uninstall it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Farrell View Post
    Yes. Uninstall the trial first. You will not lose any of your documents or customisations though: it is quite safe to uninstall it.
    OK, thanks Terry.

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    If I installed a 60-day trial of office 2010 Pro Plus, and now want to install the purchased copy (same version), do I have to uninstall the one or can I install over it?
    You should be able to upgrade to a full purchased version without uninstalling and reinstalling. See Converting from Office 2010 Trial to full Office 2010 Product.

Joe

Thanks
    I concur fully with JoeP. I installed Office 2010 Professional Plus over a trial version of Office Professional 2010 with no problems. (You would, however have to uninstall your trial version if for some reason you decided to install a full version of a "lower" office product. Eg installing office home and student after a trial installation of office professional)
    (My Setup: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 8.1 Pro (64 bit); 16GB RAM; SAMSUNG SD840 PRO SSD (6GB/SATA III); Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 760 2GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2014 Premium, NIS 2014, etc). (UEFI-booted). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I recommend that it is uninstalled first because there have been many reports of users with problems after installing over a time expired trial version. It takes 2 minutes to uninstall it.

Thanks
    I had the Office 2010 Pro Trial app installed, received my 2010 Pro Plus and attempted to enter the product key. Was not valid for this version of trial. Uninstalled the trial (only took a few minutes). Installed the real version, took my product key and installed in just a few minutes. Kept all the customizations I had already set up with the trial version. I'm a happy man. Installed second copy in laptop. Worked great. (This version allows 2 installations for the same owner per the EULA)
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I had the Office 2010 Pro Trial app installed, received my 2010 Pro Plus and attempted to enter the product key. Was not valid for this version of trial. Uninstalled the trial (only took a few minutes). Installed the real version, took my product key and installed in just a few minutes. Kept all the customizations I had already set up with the trial version. I'm a happy man. Installed second copy in laptop. Worked great. (This version allows 2 installations for the same owner per the EULA)
    I'm with you Ted. After reading the responses, I decided to save myself the bother of having to re-do it all, so I uninstalled first. or as Terry had noted, all the customizations stayed in place...

Regards,
    Chuck