3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I've just had to reinstall Win XP and have install everything including XP SP3, however I'm unable to get my internet connection back. I've been into Internet Properties>Set up internet connection and run the wizard but still don't have access. In my Network Connection under the Control Panel all that shows up is 1394 Connection, 1394 Net Adapter.

I think I must be missing something simple here but for the life of me have no idea.

Could someone put me out of my misery and explain what I'm doing wrong
    Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Dax
    Dax

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    As you have not told us what you use to connect to the internet (DSL, dial up etc) I will assume you have a DSL router and an ethernet connection.

You do not seem to have the network card driver loaded - the 1394 adapter is not really a network card, it's FireWire.
    Open Device Manager and look for devices with yellow exclamation marks. One is likely to be the network card.
    Find the network card drivers and install them, then re-boot and all should be fine.

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul
    Thanks for your feedback, yes I forgot to list what my internet connection is (Satellite Broadband, I'm in a remote part of Australia), anyway your reply gave me the prompt I needed. I have a gigabyte motherboard with a built in Ethernet card and I'd forgotten to run the installer dvd that comes with the board and has all the drivers.

I thought it would be something simple but it just wasn't connecting for me. So thanks f0r your advice it sent me on the right path and all is now working well
    Cheers

Dax
    Dax

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I'm not sure east coast of southern QLD really qualifies as remote. ;-))

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Where I am it' s far enough away to not be able to get ADSL other then satellite...that's what I mean by remote...probably more rural but feel like we are remote....can't wait to get the NBN up our way
    Dax

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Where I am it' s far enough away to not be able to get ADSL other then satellite...that's what I mean by remote...probably more rural but feel like we are remote....can't wait to get the NBN up our way
    Dax