Viewing others appointments (Outlook98 Corp/Workgrp- )

Everyone else in the company can have their Outlook 98 calendar appointments viewed by others. However, no one can view my appointments (using "make a meeting"). Actually they can see the appointments that I have scheduled with them, but not with anyone else.

By deductive reasoning, I now believe (tho am not certain) that it has something to do with syncing my Palm Pilot with Outlook. I've checked all the sites I can think of (Microsoft, Outlook, Palm Pilot, PumaTech's InteliSync, etc.) and no one can help.

Any ideas?

Tom Gamble

5 Star Lounger
    Washington, USA

Re: Viewing others appointments (Outlook98 Corp/Workgrp- )

When you say "see your appointments" do you mean the free/busy or are they actually opening your calendar? If the former, you might try starting outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch. "Start | Run | Outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy" will do it.

Either way it might be the Palm sync. You should make sure you're on the latest version of Intellisync. We've had fits with earlier ones. You might need to reset the Palm and sync it fresh after updating.

You might also check to see if you're set to use a local calendar, or to use the schedule plus calendar. I don't know where these settings are in OL98.

I mean, just the free/busy notification. We have tried running the cleanfreebusy switch without any luck. I will check to see if I have the latest version of Intellisync.

We ran the /cleanfreebusy switch and that solved the problem. I guess I was mistaken about running it before. Discovered that we had been running the /cleanreminders switch to solve another problem.

Thanks for your help.