Lounger
    Thanks
    My comment:
    I just spent 3 hours modifying stored procs in SQL Server Management Studio 2005. I had to have 8 open at once to compare them. When I Ctrl+Tab, the "normal" windows tab navigator, SSMS bounces me between the last 2 "documents" that I've edited instead of going to the next one and letting me decide to go back with Shift+Ctrl+Tab, the "normal" windows -tab navigator. All the tabs across the top say Query1, Query2, etc so there's no way to determine which sproc I'm navigating to until I get there. Ctrl+Tab brings up a dialog window that shows Query1, Query2, etc. in a vertical format. I wish it were like "normal" Ctrl+tab and just put me in the next document!

My question:
    Is there a setting I can make to force SSMS (Visual Studio) to comply with Windows built in navigation? I've used SSMS in VS2008 and the same thing happens.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Unfortunately you are stuck with the behavior you describe - but you might submit a suggestion to the SQL Server team. I agree that the pop-up dialog box is pretty much worthless since you have to go to the mouse at that point to select an object other than the one you get by default.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    Unfortunately you are stuck with the behavior you describe - but you might submit a suggestion to the SQL Server team. I agree that the pop-up dialog box is pretty much worthless since you have to go to the mouse at that point to select an object other than the one you get by default.

How do you submit a suggestion to the SQL Server team?