Thanks
    Good news for some.You can read the whole story here;Reprieve from Microsoft
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    I'm not too suprised, there are many, many businesses still chugging along with Windows 2000
    and getting by quite nicely at that.
    But for personal users? I think the majority of those will dump XP long before the new dump date and not downgrade
    on a Windows 7 purchased machine.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Note this quote from the article:

"As a result, the OEM versions of Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate will continue to include downgrade rights to the similar versions of Windows Vista or Windows XP Professional."

Since the vast majority of users purchase Windows 7 Home Premium either with a new PC or an upgrade, they will not have downgrade rights anyway.

Joe
    Joe

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Not exactly giving anything away are they? Pay for the flash version and you can run the old crock if you wish....

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Support will need to be extended after 2014 or there will be an awful lot of compromised computers about. I didn't see anything mentioned about Critical patches, did anyone else?