2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    First, this a long overdue thank you to those who tried to help me get the computer to stop trying to connect to a malware site.

I've been wrestling with my system ever since.

In the latest development, I can't toggle between screens (Alt-tab). Scans with NOD32, Malwarebytes and Superantispyware find nothing. However, Ad-Aware finds trojanwin32genericBT and removes it. Then the next time I scan with Ad-Aware it finds it again.

Can anyone suggest a method for permanently eliminating this nastiness (without dropping the computer off of a tall building)?

Thanks.

Neal

Thanks
    What operating system are you running?
    How long have you been dealing with this problem?

Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT - a generic detection for Trojans, continued to dominate the top 10 and accounted for a over a quarter (27.16%) of all detections, down a fraction on the previous month. It is a detection that includes many downloaders associated with scareware or rogue security products.
    It's also possible that you have one of the rootkit variations (there are several variations) of this...
    If the use of several tools on your own fails to find or erradicate this problem I would recommend seeking an antimalware and or anti-trojan trained experts advice;

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forums.html
    http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?act=idx
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Thanks
    I'm sorry to say, but sometimes it's faster to re-install the OS rather than try to fix a significant problem. You have already spent a lot of time on this. By reformating the drive you would wipe out the infection. Then within a few hours you could have your system back to where it was before the infection. Once the system is back where it should be please create an image and then regularly reimage. This will solve your next problem in less than an hour. Think about it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy