Thanks
    My question:
    My default browser is Firefox. However, I want to change the behaviour when I click on a link in an Outlook email. In that case, I want to open any links in IE.
    The rest of the time - I want to stick with Firefox.

I haven't been able to locate any specific settings or info on line that relates to the current versions of the software I'm using.

[b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharine Richardson - WebGenii View Post
    My default browser is Firefox. However, I want to change the behaviour when I click on a link in an Outlook email. In that case, I want to open any links in IE.
    The rest of the time - I want to stick with Firefox.
    I can't think of a way to do that. The reason is that the default browser is invoked whenever an application sends a URL to Windows to open. As far as I know, Windows can't distinguish a link launched in Outlook from one launched in Word, Excel, or Adobe Reader.

Because Outlook is programmable, you could in theory write a macro that would automate IE to open a link. But you likely could not attach it directly to the link, you'd have to do something like display a UserForm with buttons for each link in the message. Or a toolbar with a drop-down control (in Outlook 2003 or earlier).

If you seldom open links from non-browser applications other than Outlook, you could make IE your default browser. Firefox will work fine for regular browsing, but may complain at startup that it is not the default. That can be silenced if necessary.

Thanks
    Thanks Jefferson
    I figured as much.
    The best solution I came up with, was to use the web toolbar in Outlook and copy/paste the links into it.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile