Lounger
    Thanks
    G'Day,
    We have an issue with a Vista machine printing to an HP LaserJet. Whenever we print, we get the printing status bar appear at the bottom of the word window (where it shows the status while sending the document to the print spooler, number of pages etc). And it sits there on 0 pages until you either double click on the status bar or open another Word window. Very strange. It's only this one printer and we have removed and reinstalled the driver (completely removed, not just deleted from the Printers dialog). Google and various other sites have not provided any solutions so we're kind of stuck!

Short of removing/reinstalling Office (or rebuilding Vista), does anybody have any sugegstions?

Cheers
    toncc

Thanks
    I don't know whether you use background printing, but you could try toggling that setting. It's in the Options under Advanced > Print > "Print in background". I generally keep it turned off so that Word just prints immediately rather than listening for other instructions.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ahh, of course! Can't believe I forgot about this. I'll give it a go and post back.

Cheers