New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I click on file explorer I get the following error message " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I get the same message if I try clicking explorer file in the windows directory. I use xplorer2 as the default file navigator, but explore had been working fine.
    Any ideas?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not sure which explorer is kicking up the error. Is it Windows explorer or xplorer2?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When you say "When I click on file explorer", exactly what is it that you are clicking on? And where are you doing this clicking?

Do you have file extensions showing or hidden? If you have extensions showing, and the file named "explorer" has no extension, then Windows will not know what to do with it (Windows uses the extension to determine what to run when you double-click it.

Perhaps a screen shot would help...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have to use xplore2, as I can't get MS windows explorer to work. If I click on the windows Explorer icon that comes pined to the Task bar, I get the error message. If I use exploer2 to navigate to the windows directory and click on explorer file I get the same message. I have extensions showing and it says explorer.exe.